Assisted living facilities are designed for older adults having a hard time living alone and those who need constant help with their activities of daily living but don’t require the level of care services that a nursing home would provide. In short, an assisted living facility only specializes in caring for seniors.
That is why if you are looking for a reliable provider of Senior Care in Minnesota, the best decision is to let your aging parents stay in an assisted living facility.
This type of care facility usually provides residents with their apartments or rooms and common areas. They also have Caregivers who are always available to support all residents. It is also a stimulating environment for socialization where residents can freely talk and interact with others. Residents can also enjoy various social and recreational activities that they can surely enjoy, such as trips to movies, exercise and wellness programs, book clubs, gardening, etc.
Most assisted facilities provide some health or Waivered Care Services that include:
- Access to a pharmacy (83.6 percent).
- Dietary and nutritional guidance (82.8 percent).
- Mental health services or counseling (55 percent).
- Physical, occupational, or speech therapy (71.4 percent).
- Hospice Care (67.7 percent) and social worker services (51.1 percent).